Configuration File Management
System configuration information is stored in the configuration file, and it is stored and displayed in the format of command line. The information that is used to initialize the Hillstone device in the configuration file is known as the initial configuration information. If the initial configuration information is not found, the Hillstone device will use the default parameters for the initialization. The information being taking effect is known as the current configuration information.
System initial configuration information includes current initial configuration information (used when the system starts) and backup initial configuration information. System records the latest ten saved configuration information, and the most recently saved configuration information for the system will be recorded as the current initial configuration information. The current configuration information is marked as Startup; the previous nine configuration information is marked with number from 0 to 8, in the order of save time.
You can not only export or delete the saved configuration files, but also export the current system configurations.
Managing Configuration File
This feature may vary slightly on different platforms. If there is a conflict between this guide and the actual page, the latter shall prevail.
To manage the system configuration files, take the following steps:
- Select System > Configuration File Management > Configuration File List.
In the Configuration File List page, configure the following.
- Export: Select the configuration file you want to export, and click Export.
Delete: Select the configuration file you want to delete, and click Delete.
Backup Restore: You can restore the system configurations to the saved configuration file or factory default, or you can backup the current configurations.
Option Description Back up Current Configurations
Type descriptions for the configuration file into Description box. Click Start to backup.
Roll back to Saved Configurations:
- Select Backup System Configuration File: Click this button, then select Backup Configuration File from the list. Click OK.
- Upload Configuration File: Click this button. In the Importing Configuration File dialog box, click Browse and choose a local configuration file you need in your PC. If you need to make the configuration file take effect, select the check box. Click OK.
Restore to Factory Defaults:
Click Restore, in the Restore to Factory Defaults dialog box, click OK.
- If needed, select Clear History check box. The system will clear the history information automatically.
Viewing the Current Configuration
To view the current configuration file:
- Select System > Configuration File Management > Current Configurations.
- Click Export to export the current configuration file.