Preparing the StoneOS System
Licenses control features and performance.
Before installing any license, you must purchase a license code.
To install a license, take the following steps:
- Go to System > License.
Choose one of the three ways to import a license:
- Upload License File: Select the radio button, click Browse, and select the license file (a .txt file).
- Manual Input: Select the radio button, and paste the license code into the text box.
- Online Installation:Select the Online Installation radio button and click the Online Installation button, your purchased licenses will be automatically installed. It should be noted that the licenses must be in an activated status in the Hillstone Online Registration Platform (http://onlinelic.hillstonenet.com/reqlicense). (To activate the license, you need to log into the platform using your username and password. The username is the same as your email which was provided when placing the order. Hillstone will send the password by email. Then, activate the licenses that need to be installed. If you purchased the device from a Hillstone agent, please contact the agent to activate the licenses.)
- Click OK.
- To make the license take effect, reboot the system. Go to System > Device Management > Options, and click Reboot.
System administrator has the authority to read, write and execute all the features in system.
To create a system administrator, take the following steps:
- Go to System > Device Management > Administrator.
- Click New.
- Click OK.
|Login Type||Select Telnet, SSH, HTTPand HTTPS.|
The trust host is administrator's host. Only computers included in the trust hosts can manage system.
To add a trust host, take the following steps:
- Go to System > Device Management.
- Select Trust Host tab, and click New.
- Click OK.
|Login Type||Select all: Telnet, SSH, HTTP and HTTPS|
To upgrade your system firmware, take the following steps:
- Go to System > Upgrade Management.
- Select Browse and choose the new image from your local computer.
- Click Reboot to make new firmware take effect, then click Apply.
System will automatically reboot when it finishes installing the new firmware.
Features that require constant updates of signature are license controlled. You must purchase the license in order to be able to update the signature libraries. By default, the system will automatically update the databases daily.
Toupdate a database, take the following steps:
- Go to System > Upgrade Management, and click the <Signature Database Update> tab.
Find your intended database, and choose one of the following two ways to upgrade.
- Remote Update: Click Update , and system will automatically update the database.
- Local Update: Select Browse to open the file explorer, and select your local signature file to import it into system.