The destination route is a manually-configured route entry that determines the next routing hop based on the destination IP address. Usually a network with comparatively a small number of outbound connections or stable Intranet connections will use a destination route. You can add a default route entry at your own choice as needed.
Creating a Destination Route
To create a destination route, take the follwing steps:
- Select Network > Routing > Destination Route.
- Click New.
In the Destination Route Configuration dialog box, enter values.
Option Description Virtual Router From the Virtual Router drop-down list, select the Virtual Routerouter for the new route. The default value is "trust-vr". Destination Type the IP address for the route into the text box. Netmask Type the corresponding subnet mask into the text box. Next-hop
To specify the type of next hop, click Gateway, Current VRouter, Interface, or Other VRouter.
- Gateway: Type the IP address into the Gateway text box.
- Current VRouter: Select a name from the drop-down list.
- Interface: Select a name from the Interface drop-down list. Type the IP address into the Gateway text box. For a tunnel interface, you need to type the gateway address for the tunnel's peer in the optional box below.
- Other VRouter: Select a name from the Vsys drop-down list. Select a name from the Virtual Router drop-down list.
Specifies a schedule when the rule will take effect. Select a desired schedule from the Schedule drop-down list. After selecting the desired schedules, click the blank area in this dialog to complete the schedule configuration.
To create a new schedule, click New Schedule.
Precedence Type the route precedence into the text box. The smaller the parameter is, the higher the precedence is. If multiple routes are available, the route with higher precedence will be prioritized. The value range is 1 to 255. The default value is 1. When the value is set to 255, the route will be invalid. Weight Type the weight for the route into the text box. This parameter is used to determine the weight of traffic forwarding in load balance. The value range is 1 to 255. The default value is 1. Description Type the description information into the Description text box if necessary.
- Click OK.