SSL VPN Client for Linux
The SSL VPN client for Linux is
- 64-bit desktop version of Ubuntu12.04 (GNOME desktop);
- 64-bit desktop version of Ubuntu14.04(GNOME desktop);
- 64-bit desktop version of Ubuntu Kylin16.04(default desktop );
- 64-bit desktop version of CentOS6.5(GNOME desktop);
The encrypted data can be transmitted between the SSL VPN client and SSL VPN server after a connection has been established successfully. The functions of the client are:
- Get interface and route information from the PC on which the client is running.
- Show the connection status, traffic statistics, and route information.
- Show log messages.
Take 64-bit Ubuntu Kylin16.04 desktop as an example to introduce downloading and installing client, starting client and establishing connection, upgrading and uninstalling client, the client GUI and menu. The client configuration of other three Linux systems can refer to 64-bit Ubuntu Kylin16.04 desktop.
Downloading and Installing Client
Downloading and installing
Visit https://www.hillstonenet.com/our-products/next-gen-firewalls-e-series/ to download the installation file of the client.
- After downloading the installation file, right-click the client icon and select Properties to go to the properties page.
- In the properties page, click Permissions tab and check Allow executing files as program, then close it.
Double-click the client icon and follow the setup wizard to complete the installation.
To start the client and establish the connection with the server side, take the following steps:
- Double-click the SCVPN icon on the desktop of the Linux system, and system enters the super user authentication page. Then enter the password of super user , and click Authenticate to enter the main interface of the client.
- In the client main interface, click New. The Create connection profile dialog box appears.
Provide the following information and then click OK.
- Name: Specify a name for this VPN connection.
- Description: Specify the description for this VPN connection.
- Server: Enter the IP address or the server name of the device that acts as the VPN server.
- Port: Enter the HTTPs port number of the device.
- User name: Enter the login name. For detailed information, refer to User.
- Password: Enter the corresponding password.
- Remember password : Select this check box to remember the password.
- Select the connection name in the connection list. In the toolbar, click Connect. If you do not select Remember password in step 3, enter the password in the pop-up and then click OK.
Upgrading and Uninstalling Client
To update and uninstall the SSL VPN Client, take the following steps:
- Double-click the MaintenanceTool icon to enter the Maintain SCVPN page.
- In the Maintain SCVPN page, select Update components or Remove all components to upgrade or uninstall the client, then click Next.
- Follow the setup wizard to complete the upgrade or uninstall of client.
The GUI of the client includes four areas: toolbar, connection list, connection information, and status bar.
In the toolbar, you can perform the following actions:
- Connect: Select a connection from the connection list and then click Connect. The client starts to establish the connection with server side.
- New: Create a new connection. For details, see Starting Client and Establishing Connection.
- Modify: Select a connection from the connection list and then click Modify. For details about modifying the parameters, see Starting Client and Establishing Connection.
- Delete: Select a connection from the connection list and then click Delete to delete this connection.
- Settings: Set to minimize the client when the connection is established
- Cancel: Click this button to cancel the connection. When the client is connecting to the server side, this button is displayed. For more information, see Starting Client and Establishing Connection.
- Disconnect: Disconnect the current connection. After the connection is established, this button is displayed. For more information, see Starting Client and Establishing Connection.
- Info: View the channel information and the route information of the current connection. After the connection is established, this button is displayed. For more information, see Starting Client and Establishing Connection.
Displays all created SSL VPN connections, and uses different icons to distinguish between the connected and the unconnected.
When selecting a connection in the connection list, the connection information area displays the corresponding information of this connection.
- When the client doesn't connect or has connected to the server, the connection information area displays the server IP address, the port number, the user name and the authentication type.
- After establishing the connection, the connection information area displays the connection duration, server IP address, the IP assigned to the client, the number of packets sent/received through the SSL VPN tunnel, and the bytes sent/received through the SSL VPN tunnel.
Displays the connection status and the connection progress when connecting to the server. For more information, see Starting Client and Establishing Connection.
Click the logging menu in the top-left corner of the client interface .
- View: View the logs.
- Level: Select the log level. When selecting a level in the menu, system will display the logs of upper levels and will not display the logs of lower levels.
About: Display the version information, copyright information and other relevant information.