Upgrading Firmware to Higher Version
This example introduces how to use WebUI and CLI to upgrade firmware to a higher version.
As an exit of the company's network, security device provides protections and services. Now, admin need upgrade firmware to optimize system's performance and get new functions.
Before upgrading, we recommend you:
- See the system software version by using WebUI or CLI(show version) to get a suitable upgrading instructions.
- See the release notes of the target version to get a platform upgrading instructions.
- Get upgrade file of your target version from Hillstone.
- Do not upgrade at peak times, because you need to reboot device to make new version effective.
- Do not downgrade, because system configuration may be lost.
- Upgrade from CLI if your device's storage is low, and remember to remove the former firmware version before you upgrade.
- Make sure you have backed up the configuration file before upgrading.
Contact us (Service Line:1-800-889-9860) first when you are in the following situations:
- Make sure whether license is out of date. If it expires, you only can upgrade system to the version whose release date is before the license expired date. If it doesn't expire, upgrading can be continued. Contact us for the release date.
- Do not cross upgrade. For example, to upgrade the versions 4.0 to 5.0, Hillstone recommends you to first upgrade to version 4.5, and then upgrade to 5.0. Contact us for cross version upgrade.
- Contact us for upgrading information if you are in HA environment.
Method 1: Upgrading from WebUI
|Step 1: Logging in via WebUI with admin accout and viewing current system information.|
Select System > System Information to view the current version is 5.5R1P1.
|Step 2: Exporting configuration file as a backup.|
Select System > Configuration File Management.
In the Configuration File List tab, select Startup check box and click Export. The configuration file will be exported to your local PC.
|Step 4: Verifying the upgrade results.|
Log in via WebUI again when system finished rebooting.
Method 2: Upgrading from CLI
|Step 3: Verifying the upgrade results.|
Log in via Telnet again when system finished rebooting.
Type show version and knock the Enter key. It will show you the current system version is 5.5R1P3.