Here are some frequently asked questions.
QUESTION 1: How to use this site?
This Technical Documentation site provides information to use HIllstone products. You may preview or download various types of user guides. You can type the keyword in the search box to get the links of user guides you want, or click the link in the user guide list.
Both HTML and PDF format are supported.
QUESTION 2: What is a full set of documentation for a product?
- StoneOS Getting Started Guide: provides help for freshers and tell how to get start with StoneOS.
- StoneOS Cookbook: provides cases to describe how to use StoneOS.
- StoneOS WebUI User Guide: provides all-round WebUI configuration descriptions for each feature.
- StoneOS CLI User Guide: provides CLI descriptions for each feature.
- StoneOS Log Messages Reference Guide: describes log ID, level, descriptions and resolved methods if needed.
- StoneOS SNMP MIB Reference Guide: provides SNMP MIB library information.
- Release Notes: provides descriptions of this release version, including new features, version, supprted platforms, resolved issues, known bugs etc.
QUESTION 3: What are new feature books, and addendum books for P releases?
We will release patch versions and feature versions of StoneOS periodically. In order to keep the quality of user guides and normal access of the website, we will make the R release as our base guide, and release only new feature book for F releases or addendum book for P releases instead of all user guides.
QUESTION 4: What should I do if I cannot find what I need?
Searching is a good way to find what you need. If you cannot find it by searching, please write to us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
QUESTION 5: Do I need to login to download PDFs?
When you click a download link, you will be redirected to Knowledge Base, a place where we store most of our technical information. In the KB login page, you need to input your username and password. If you don't have an account yet, you may register to become a user.
Once you are logged in, you are free to download our documents.
QUESTION 6: My browser displays a security alert, what should I do?
If security warning appears, click Cannot Login?, and click Advanced, then add this site into exception list. You may visit the download link again to enter the download page.
QUESTION 7: I did not receive verification mail.
After register, you need to verify your mail before login. If you didn't receive the verification mail, check your spam box. Still no mail, you can write to us (email@example.com) for support.
QUESTION 8: My browser did not jump to download page.
During the first login, you will enter the KB dashboard. Keep logged in, and click the download link once more, you will be on the download page.