Source route is designed to select a router and forward data based on the source IP address of a packet.
Creating a Source Route
To create a source route, take the following steps:
- Select Network > Routing > Source Route.
- Select the IPv4 or IPv6 tab page, and create an IPv4 source route or IPv6 source route on the corresponding page. This step is only applicable for IPv6 version.
- Click New.In the Source Route Configuration page, enter values.
Option Description Virtual Router From the Virtual Router drop-down list, select the Virtual Routerouter for the new route. The default value is "trust-vr". Source IP Type the source IP for the route into the box. Netmask Type the corresponding subnet mask into the box. Next-hop To specify the type of next hop, click Gateway, Virtual Router in current Vsys, Interface , or Virtual Router in other Vsys.
- Gateway: Type the IP address into the Gateway text box.
- Virtual Router in current Vsys: Select a name from the drop-down list.
- Interface: Select a name from the Interface drop-down list. Type the IP address into the Gateway text box. For a tunnel interface, you need to type the gateway address for the tunnel's peer in the optional box below.
- Virtual Router in other Vsys: Select a name from the Vsys drop-down list. Select a name from the Virtual Router drop-down list.
Schedule Specifies a schedule when the rule will take effect. Select a desired schedule from the Schedule drop-down list. After selecting the desired schedules, click the blank area in this dialog to complete the schedule configuration.
To create a new schedule, click New Schedule.
Precedence Type the route precedence into the box. The smaller the parameter is, the higher the precedence is. If multiple routes are available, the route with higher precedence will be prioritized. The value range is 1 to 255. The default value is 1. When the value is set to 255, the route will be invalid. Weight Type the weight for the route into the box. This parameter is used to determine the weight of traffic forwarding in load balance. The value range is 1 to 255. The default value is 1. Description Type the description information into the Description text box if necessary.
- Click OK.